Students will be able to
- recognize that an electric current in a wire will produce a magnetic field around the wire,
- recognize that the larger the electric current in the wire, the stronger the magnetic field produced,
- recognize and draw the shape of the magnetic field lines of the magnetic field produced by a current-carrying wire,
- identify the direction of the magnetic field near to a current-carrying wire,
- state what a solenoid is,
- recognize that the magnetic field produced by a solenoid can be increased in strength by adding a core of a magnetic material.