Students will be able to
- recall the notation used to represent a complex conjugate,
- find the complex conjugate of a given complex number,
- understand the relationship between a complex number and its conjugate,
- simplify and evaluate expressions involving complex numbers and their conjugates,
- use the properties of complex number conjugates to solve problems.
Students should already be familiar with
- complex numbers,
- adding, subtracting, and multiplying complex numbers.
Students will not cover
- dividing complex numbers,
- the modulus and argument of complex numbers.