Students will be able to
- understand what parallel and perpendicular mean with respect to the gradient of lines,
- identify whether two given lines are parallel, perpendicular, or neither,
- find the equation of a line that is parallel to another given line,
- find the equation of a line that is perpendicular to another given line,
- identify types of quadrilateral shapes (e.g., trapezoids or squares) given the coordinates of the vertices by showing that the sides are parallel or perpendicular as required.