Students will be able to
- define a life cycle,
- describe the different stages common to all animal life cycles as life beginning, growth, maturity, and reproduction,
- identify similarities and differences in the life cycles of different animals,
- describe metamorphosis as a change in shape that occurs in most insects and amphibians,
- recognize that most mammals are born alive and are not hatched from eggs,
- recognize that animals such as insects, birds, amphibians, reptiles, fish, and birds develop in an egg outside their mother’s body before they are hatched.