Students will be able to
- define a function,
- determine whether a relation is a function from a relation diagram, a table, and a set of ordered pairs,
- determine whether a relation is a function from its schematic descriptions, symbolical expressions, or equation,
- determine expressions that can be defined as functions,
- represent functions using diagrams, sets of ordered pairs, equations, and graphs,
- define and find a domain, a codomain, and a range of discrete functions (as sets),
- find unknowns given that a relation between two sets is a function.