Students will be able to
- recognize that oscillatory motion is motion around an equilibrium position,
- recall that a swinging pendulum is an example of oscillatory motion,
- recognize that in oscillatory motion, the maximum displacement has the same magnitude on either side of the equilibrium position,
- compare the velocity of an oscillating system at zero displacement and that at maximum displacement,
- recognize that oscillatory motion is repetitive,
- recall that each oscillation of oscillatory motion occurs in equal intervals of time,
- recall that a stretching and compressing spring is an example of oscillatory motion.