Students will be able to
- use the indefinite article correctly in context, depending on whether the following noun begins with a consonant or vowel sound,
- use the indefinite article with singular countable nouns and the definite article with singular, plural, and uncountable nouns,
- use the indefinite article to introduce nouns for the first time and use the definite article to refer to the same nouns for a second time,
- understand that the indefinite article often refers to things generically, whereas the definite article refers to things specifically,
- become familiar with the use of the definite article when used with certain place names.