Students will be able to
- determine the positions of horizontal and vertical asymptotes for rational functions and use this to help identify their graphs,
- recognize the end behaviors of rational functions,
- identify the correct graph of a rational function,
- identify a rational function from its graph.
Students should already be familiar with
- sketching polynomial functions,
- identifying the zeros of polynomials.
Students will not cover
- graphs of rational functions with nonlinear denominators,
- graphs of nonrational functions.