Students will be able to
- expand a series given in sigma notation,
- write a series in sigma notation,
- evaluate series numerically (with a small number of terms).
Students should already be familiar with
- the general term of a sequence,
- calculating terms of sequences given the general term,
- representing sequences using recurrence relations.
Students will not cover
- evaluating infinite series,
- recognizing and using summation formulas for arithmetic (linear), geometric, and polynomial series.