Students will be able to
- define globalization in economic terms,
- understand how globalization impacted other aspects of contemporary societies,
- understand the following effects of economic globalization: globalization of production, scientific revolution, globalization of capital, and global trade liberalization,
- understand opportunities and challenges due to globalization,
- understand how international organizations such as the African Union help countries face challenges of globalization,
- understand strategies for African countries to achieve economic development,
- know how the TRIPS agreement for intellectual property rights impacts developing countries.