Students will be able to
- state that the levels of organization of living organisms are cells tissues organs organ systems,
- use the digestive system as an example of this organization,
- define the terms tissue, organ, and organ system,
- recall that cells become specialized for particular functions by the process of differentiation,
- recall that tissues can be simple (made of one type of cell only) or compound (made of more than one type of cell),
- recognize the components of the digestive, respiratory, and circulatory systems from simple descriptions or diagrams.