Students will be able to
- state that a gamete (sex cell) has 23 chromosomes,
- recall that genetic material is passed from parent to offspring,
- recall that the offspring will inherit a mix of their parents’ characteristics, as one copy of a gene will be inherited from the mother and the other copy from the father,
- state the difference between characteristics that are inherited and those that are acquired throughout an organism’s lifetime,
- describe the meaning of the terms dominant genes and recessive genes.