Students will be able to
- identify the formula ,
- use the formula to calculate the concentration of a solution when given its volume and the number of moles,
- convert from moles per dm3 to grams per dm3,
- calculate the concentration when given the mass of a solid substance dissolved in a given volume,
- recall the relationships between units of dm3, liter, cm3, and mL.
Students should already be familiar with
- mole calculations,
- units of volume.
Students will not cover
- titration experiments or calculations,
- percentage concentrations.