Students will be able to
- recognize that the median is one of the measures of central tendency,
- understand that the data must be ordered to calculate the median,
- calculate the median of a data set with an odd number of values,
- calculate the median of a data set with an even number of values, recognizing that it is calculated by finding the mean of the middle two values,
- calculate the median of data given in a table or a bar graph,
- find an unknown value in a data set if given the value of its median.