Students will be able to
- understand that banks serve as financial intermediaries between savers and borrowers,
- understand the characteristics and functions of the following: central banks, commercial banks, specialized banks, and investment banks,
- know the characteristics and functions of the new types of banks: universal banks and electronic banks,
- know the history of the development of banknote issuance in Egypt,
- understand the need for restrictions when issuing banknotes and that businesses are required by law to accept banknotes issued by the central bank,
- understand the interpretation of credit money as a bank’s debt and its current trend as a replacement of banknotes.