Students will be able to
- define a vertebrate as an organism that possesses a backbone,
- recall that organisms belonging to the chordata phylum will possess a notochord,
- state the classes included in the chordate phylum and vertebrate subphylum as Amphibia, Reptilia, Aves, Mammalia, Agnatha, Chondrichthyes, and Osteichthyes,
- give some defining characteristics of each of these classes and classify given organisms into these classes,
- state the subclasses of class Mammalia and the 11 orders of subclass Eutheria.