Students will be able to
- use reported questions to state what someone has asked,
- practise how to change open and closed questions to reported questions by
- backshifting verbs from present tense to past tense (e.g., eatate, is eatingwas eating, has eatenhad eaten) and from past tense to past perfect tense (e.g., atehad eaten),
- changing pronouns from first (or second) person to third person (e.g., “Do you like dogs?” Bassem asked her. Bassem asked her whether she liked dogs.),
- changing time references (e.g., todaythat day, nowthen, yesterdaythe day before),
- use if and whether between the reporting verb and the reported question for closed questions,
- understand how to change the word order for reported questions.