Students will be able to
- calculate the coefficient of friction for a body on a rough inclined plane,
- understand limiting equilibrium and how to resolve and equate forces for a body on a rough, inclined plane,
- solve problems relating to a body on a rough inclined plane.
Students should already be familiar with
- resolving forces into horizontal and vertical components,
- friction and the coefficient of friction (, where is the normal reaction force).
Students will not cover
- more general static equilibrium (for example, ladders resting against walls).