Students will be able to
- recognize that light travels at different speeds in different media,
- recognize that the wavelength of light is different in different media but that frequency is constant,
- recognize that the greater the refractive index of a substance, the slower light travels in the substance,
- recognize that light incident nonnormally on a media boundary changes propagation direction,
- define angle of refraction,
- use Snell’s law to determine incident and refracted angles and values of refractive index.