Students will be able to
- find the dot product of two vectors in 2D, given in component form or represented graphically,
- understand and use the formula for a dot product to solve problems,
- understand the geometric interpretation of a dot product in 2D,
- validate whether two 2D vectors are perpendicular using the dot product.
Students should already be familiar with
- finding the magnitude of a vector in 2D,
- vector operations in 2D.
Students will not cover
- finding the angle between two vectors in 2D using the dot product.