Students will be able to
- draw a diagram to represent a real-world problem and establish whether it can be solved by using the law of sines, the law of cosines, or a combination of both,
- solve real-world problems using the law of sines, the law of cosines, or a combination of both, including finding unknown lengths and angle measures,
- solve problems described using directions (north, east, south, and west) and problems given in a wider geometric context (including problems involving circles); this also includes finding areas of triangles or parallelograms.
Students should already be familiar with
- the law of sines,
- the law of cosines,
- describing directions using north, east, south, and west.
Students will not cover
- problems involving radians,