Students will be able to
- state the rule for integration by parts for definite/indefinite integrals,
- recognize the type of functions that can be integrated using integration by parts and how this can be used to transform an integral into a simpler form,
- understand strategies for selecting and ,
- integrate indefinite integrals using integration by parts,
- integrate definite integrals using integration by parts,
- integrate special functions like using integration by parts,
- integrate repeating integrals using integration by parts,
- solve applied problems where integration by parts is required in the calculation.
Students should already be familiar with
- integration of standard functions including trigonometric and radical functions,
- integration by substitution,
- how to evaluate a definite integral.
Students will not cover
- integration of hyperbolic functions.