Students will be able to
- solve simple trigonometric equations by applying invoice operations, simple algebraic methods, or simple trigonometric identities,
- recognize and use the periodicity of trigonometric functions to identify all of the solutions to a trigonometric equation in a specified range or identify the general solution (this includes using the graphs of trigonometric functions to identify solutions),
- solve equations involving the reciprocal trigonometric functions (secant, cosecant, and cotangent).
Students should already be familiar with
- reciprocal trigonometric functions,
- graphs of trigonometric functions,
- Pythagorean and cofunction identities.
Students will not cover
- solving equations using factoring or squaring,
- double- or half-angle identities.