Students will be able to
- describe the structure and location of the pituitary gland, known as the master gland,
- state that GH and TSH are examples of hormones secreted by the pituitary and outline their function in the body,
- outline the roles of estrogen and testosterone in the development of secondary sex characteristics and the role of progesterone on the endometrium,
- outline the structure and location of the thyroid gland and outline the role of thyroxine and calcitonin in the body,
- describe the effect of the pancreatic hormones insulin and glucagon on blood glucose,
- outline the role of adrenaline in the response to danger.