Students will be able to
- understand that a median of a triangle is the line segment joining a vertex to the midpoint of the opposite side,
- understand that the three medians all intersect at one point called the point of concurrence,
- understand that the point of intersection of the medians divides each median in the ratio from the base,
- use the ratio of the lengths of the medians on either side of the point of intersection to find missing lengths in a triangle,
- understand that, in a right triangle, the median from the vertex at the right angle to the hypotenuse is half the length of the hypotenuse and vice versa,
- understand that, in a 30-60-90 triangle, the length of the side opposite the angle is half the length of the hypotenuse,
- use the median in a right triangle to find missing lengths in right triangles.