Students will be able to
- understand the effect of reversing the limits of integration,
- understand how to add and subtract the limits of integration for adjacent intervals,
- understand the zero-width property of integration,
- understand how to manipulate integrals containing the sum (or difference) of two continuous functions,
- understand how to manipulate integrals that contain a constant multiple in the integrand,
- understand comparison properties of integrals, that is, how to compare integrals of two functions using a given relationship (i.e., ),
- understand the maximum and minimum inequality property of integrals,
- understand how to manipulate integrals of odd and even functions.
Students should already be familiar with
- definite integrals.
Students will not cover
- indefinite integrals,