Students will be able to
- derive and recall the double- and half-angle identities for sine, cosine, and tangent from the sum and difference formulas:
- use the identities along with the Pythagorean identities to simplify expressions,
- use the identities to evaluate expressions, including determining the exact values of trigonometric functions, for example, .
Students should already be familiar with
- the Pythagorean identities,
- the sum and difference formulas for sine, cosine, and tangent.
Students will not cover
- solving equations.