Students will be able to
- describe the setup of calorimetry experiments,
- understand the different types of reactions that calorimetry can be used for,
- identify problems with described calorimetry experiments and explain their effects on the results,
- use experimental values and the formula to calculate , the heat energy transferred,
- calculate the values of , , , or when the other values are given,
- use tabulated or graphical data to calculate , where and are already known (e.g., reactions in water),
- calculate the molar enthalpy change, , from the heat energy transfer, .