Students will be able to
- recognize the notation for the inverse function: generally the inverse of a function, , is ,
- recognize that if an invertible function, , maps an input, , to an output, , then maps the variable, , to ,
- recognize the conditions for which a function is invertible and be able to state the domain and range of an inverse function,
- evaluate the inverse function from a function mapping diagram, a table of values, or a graph,
- find the inverse of an invertible function, , by changing the subject from to .