Students will be able to
- define fossils as the remains of living things or traces of living things that lived very long ago,
- explain the difference between trace fossils and preserved remains,
- explain how a fossil forms,
- identify traits in plant and animal fossils,
- link fossils to plants and animals alive today,
- interpret evidence provided by fossils to show that living things have changed over time, sometimes in response to climate changes,
- interpret evidence provided by fossils to show that the environment has changed over time.