Students will be able to
- understand the difference between scalars and vectors,
- understand the terms initial point and terminal point of a vector,
- describe vectors using initial and terminal points,
- identify equivalent and opposite vectors,
- find either the initial or the terminal point given the other and the vector connecting both points,
- solve simple vector problems.
Students should already be familiar with
- identifying a point on a coordinate grid.
Students will not cover
- vectors in 3D,
- points in 3D.