Students will be able to
- identify whether a quadratic equation has real solutions or not by looking at its graph,
- understand that the solutions to a quadratic equation can be found where the graph of the equation crosses the ,
- approximate the solution to a quadratic equation by sketching its graph,
- recognize the graph of a quadratic equation after solving it algebraically.
Students should already be familiar with
- sketching the graph of a quadratic equation.
Students will not cover
- solving quadratic equations with complex roots.