Students will be able to
- state the reasons couples may be tested for genetic disorders before having children,
- recall groups or individuals that will be recommended for genetic screening,
- give examples of genetic disorders tested for before pregnancy, during pregnancy, and immediately after birth,
- apply knowledge of disorders tested for to the methods used to do so,
- give examples of sexually transmitted diseases (e.g., HIV and hepatitis) that should be tested for before having children.