Students will be able to
- apply the equations of motion to vertical motion,
- find the velocity of a body projected vertically after a given time period or displacement,
- find the displacement of a body that has been projected vertically after a given time period or when it reaches a certain velocity,
- find the time period it takes for a body that has been projected vertically to reach a certain velocity or displacement,
- solve real-world problems involving vertical motion under gravity.
Students should already be familiar with
- the equations of motion.
Students will not cover
- problems involving vertical motion where the particle is not moving solely under gravity,
- problems involving a variable acceleration.