Students will be able to
- combine the formulas for KE of an object and KE gain of a uniformly accelerated charge to find the velocity increase of a uniformly accelerated charge,
- apply the formula to an electron with a calculated velocity to determine its wavelength,
- describe qualitatively the changes to electron diffraction patterns resulting from changes of electron wavelength,
- apply the formula where a relation between and the interatomic spacing of a crystalline structure is specified,
- describe the functions of the components of a transmission electron microscope,
- qualitatively compare the operation of transmission electron microscopes to other types of electron microscopes.