Students will be able to
- understand the definitions of the mean, median, and mode of a data set and the phrases “measures of center” and “central tendency”,
- recall and apply the formula for the mean of data set,
- understand that a quantitative data set has only one mean and median but can have zero, one, or many modes,
- compare the measures of central tendency for multiple data sets,
- calculate the mean, median, and mode in a variety of real-world examples where the data can be given as a list of values or as a frequency table.