Students will be able to
- describe the properties of different rocks, such as durability, texture, shape, color, and permeability,
- classify rocks into groups based on their appearance, including their color, grain size, and texture,
- classify rocks into groups based on their different physical properties, including their hardness and permeability,
- identify suitable uses of rocks based on their properties,
- analyze the results of experiments testing hardness, softness, and permeability of different types of rocks.