Students will be able to
- use to determine the energy gained or lost, , by a charge moving across a potential difference ,
- use to find the power of a circuit component given the current, , through it and the potential difference, , across it,
- use .
Students should already be familiar with
- using to calculate the current, , through a circuit component given the charge, , that passes through it in time ,
- Ohm’s law: ,
- using to find the power, , of a circuit component given the amount of energy transferred by it, , in time ,
- adding potential differences and resistances in series,
- adding currents in parallel.
Students will not cover
- alternating current circuits,
- electrical power transmission,
- the conservation of energy in circuits,
- Kirchhoff’s laws.