Students will be able to
- understand what probability is as well as associated concepts such as an event, an outcome, and a sample space,
- understand two of the axioms of probability:
- the probability of an event must be between 0 and 1 (inclusive),
- all probabilities of the outcomes of an event must add up to 1,
- use probability notation,
- use a numerical value to describe the probability of an event that is certain, impossible, or 50–50,
- understand that the probability of an event can be given as a fraction, a decimal, or a percentage.