Students will be able to
- recognize and interpret limit notation,
- understand the concept of a limit,
- understand how the value of a limit at a point is distinct from the value of a function at a point,
- evaluate the limit of a function from a table or a graph.
Students should already be familiar with
- the concept of removable discontinuities (although not necessarily the classification or rigorous definition),
- hollow and filled dots represented on a graph.
Students will not cover
- the epsilon–delta definition of a limit,
- one-sided limits,
- limits involving infinities and indeterminate forms,
- discontinuities (other than removable ones),
- the definition of continuity,
- the definition of differentiability.