Students will be able to
- identify how the color of a surface affects its emission and absorption of infrared radiation,
- identify how the reflectivity of a surface affects its emission and absorption of infrared radiation,
- recognize that the output of infrared radiation increases with the temperature of an object and vice versa,
- describe the shape of the spectrum of light radiated by objects of different temperatures.
Students should already be familiar with
- infrared as a region of the electromagnetic spectrum.
Students will not cover
- any calculations,
- the term emissivity.