Students will be able to
- recall and state the definition of kinetic energy,
- calculate the kinetic energy of an object given its mass and velocity,
- calculate the mass or velocity of an object given its kinetic energy,
- solve real-world problems involving kinetic energy,
- calculate kinetic energy when the velocity is given in vector form,
- use kinetic energy in combination with Newton’s second law to solve problems,
- use kinetic energy in combination with the equations of motion to solve problems.