Students will be able to
- recall the relationship between the length scale factor and the area scale factor; that is, that the area scale factor is the square of the length scale factor,
- calculate the area of a similar polygon given two corresponding lengths and the area (or the means to calculate the area) of one of the two shapes (or vice versa),
- write the ratio of the areas of two similar polygons given the ratio between their lengths,
- calculate the areas of similar polygons using scale factors, along with relevant information such as the perimeters of the two shapes,
- solve multistep problems involving areas of similar polygons.