Students will be able to
- state that translation occurs in the ribosomes of eukaryotic and prokaryotic cells,
- describe the process of translation as the production of a sequence of amino acids (a peptide) that is coded in an mRNA molecule,
- outline the roles of mRNA, tRNA, A and P sites, and peptidyl transferase in translation,
- recall that ribosomes are formed from a small subunit and a large subunit and outline the role of each in translation,
- determine the sequence of amino acids from a given strand of mRNA and codon tables.