Students will be able to
- describe and explain the effect of temperature, pH, enzyme concentration, and substrate concentration on enzyme activity,
- define the terms optimum temperature and optimum pH,
- identify the active site of an enzyme,
- recall that enzymes will lower the activation energy of a reaction,
- recall that enzymes and their active sites are made up of proteins and that if conditions change substantially, the structure of these proteins can be changed to denature the enzyme,
- interpret graphical data to describe and explain changes in the rate of enzyme-controlled reactions.