Students will be able to
- state that the testes are composed of seminiferous tubules and describe their structure,
- recall that the interstitial cells in these tubules secrete testosterone and that the Sertoli cells secrete fluid,
- recall that diploid primary germ cells within the tubules (2n) divide to form haploid sperm cells (n),
- state the stages of spermatogenesis as multiplication, growth, maturation, and metamorphosis,
- describe the events that occur in each stage of sperm production, including the role of FSH.