Students will be able to
- name some of the scientists who contributed to the development of the periodic table,
- describe who Mendeleev was and his contribution to developing the periodic table,
- describe how Mendeleev ordered the elements into groups and periods,
- explain the advantages and disadvantages of Mendeleev’s table,
- recognize that Mendeleev predicted the properties of unknown elements, which were later discovered,
- describe how Moseley ordered the elements based on their atomic number,
- describe how the modern periodic table is based on atomic number and the filling of energy sublevels.