Students will be able to
- calculate the interquartile range and understand its use in measuring the spread of data,
- calculate each of the quartiles of a data set and the differences between the quartiles and understand how they measure values that split up the data,
- understand that the interquartile range should contain about half of the values in the data set,
- calculate the interquartile range when given the data set and when given the quartiles,
- find the value of an unknown quartile given the interquartile range and either the lower or upper quartile.