Students will be able to
- recognize the properties of inequalities over the real numbers—that is, for an inequality we have
- addition property where is a real number,
- multiplication by a positive real number (if then ),
- multiplication by a negative real number (if then ),
- solve simple inequalities and represent their solutions on a number line and in interval notation,
- solve more complicated inequalities, including compound inequalities, and represent their solutions on a number line and in set notation,
- solve inequalities including radical coefficients.