Students will be able to
- understand what is meant by a permutation and recognize the associated notation,
- recall that ,
- evaluate simple expressions involving permutations,
- use permutations to solve counting problems (e.g., How many ways can 5 people sit on 7 chairs?),
- solve problems related to circular arrangements where rotations are considered equivalent (recognizing that there are ways of arranging objects in a circle),
- find the value of an unknown in an equation involving permutations, for example, or .